zondag 11 november 2012

Winter in April

We were alright, just doing fine
It all went great until that line
I dropped the word, let out a sigh
But you leaped back, wondering why

So fast, so swift, you left the room
Without a word, no fate or doom
We never spoke again, it's sad
And driving me insanely mad

Can't figure out where we turned south
I need to hear it from your mouth
The reason why you left me there
I won't be angry, that I swear

As friends we met, as strangers parted
In spite of being open-hearted
A bond we had, but the seal is broken
Now just a memory, a simple token

Fare thee well, I say to you
Even though I'm still feeling blue
I should move on and let you go
But here's something you need to know

As crazy as this line may seem
You're special to me, always been
From the beginning, the very start
I've carried you inside my heart

Yet here I go, release my chain
And let me wander through the rain
Have the water flush my sin
I'll find someone to start again

It will be different, that I'm sure
For broken hearts, there is no cure
No glue can mend the vicious scars
That turns one into what they are

You changed me, and you did so good
I felt better than I thought I could
And then you quit the game, so cold
It's your loss, girl, you shouldn't fold

You seem so nice, emotional
But really, you don't care at all
Still no goodbyes, in all this time
I guess it's "coming down the line"

Nevertheless, I wish you well
Despite knowing how hard I fell
But then again, I landed soft
On all the guys you ever lost

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten